GalwayCúirt Na Rásaí Things to Do in Galway
Cúirt na Rásaí is superbly located just off the main arterial route ways to and from Galway City, making it the perfect base for exploring the surrounding countryside both in Galway and neighbouring counties i.e. Aran Islands, Connemara, Cliffs of Moher and Ailwee Caves.
Galway CityGalway is a prosperous yet compact city making it easy to find your way around. Whether its romance, culture, craic or ceol you’re looking for, Galway’s summer entertainment line up will provide for your every need. June, July and August are packed with festivals suitable for young and old, attracting visitors from all over the world. These include:.
- Galway Film Fleadh (9th - 14th July)
- Galway Arts Festival (15th - 28th July)
- Galway Races (29th July - 4th August)
Scenic walks, cycles wild-life tours, cruises, fishing, surfing, yachting, hill walking, golf and horse riding are just some of the outdoor activities located nearby and enjoyed in Galway throughout the summer months.
Direction to City CentreTurn right on exiting the complex. At the end of the road you have no choice but to go left. Follow this road to the end until you reach the roundabout. Take the third exit into the city. At the traffic lights take a left, this will bring you into the harbour area/City Centre.
Bus service:The No. 403 and 409 buses go into town; they leave on the hour and on the half hour from bus stop outside Clayton Hotel from 8am – 11:50pm
(Evening times vary slightly, timetable available in office).
Amenities right on our door step include;
- Dunnes Stores is situated straight across the road from the complex. The supermarket is open from 8:30am-10pm Monday-Sunday. The shopping centre also has a Pharmacy, Beauty Salon, Café, Newsagents, Health Shop, KFC, Opticians, Hairdressers, Bookmakers and Ulster Bank.
- The Clayton Hotel (4 star). Situated next door to the complex.
- The Clayton Hotel serves food daily in The Enclosure Bar. Formal dining is available in The Tribes Restaurant. Call: 091-721900 for reservation.
- Bethlehem – turn right on exiting the complex – 5 minute walk on right hand side – casual Italian restaurant.
- KFC – Brierhill Shopping Centre
- Treasure Island Kidz Zone – Doughiska (road behind Dunnes Stores) Children’s activity centre.
- Busy Bees – Oranmore. Children’s activity centre.
- City Limits – Oranmore. Children’s activity centre, Cinema and Bowling Alley.
- Eye Cinema – Dublin Road (Film schedule available in office)
- Leisureland – Salthill
- Ballyloughane – Turn right on exiting the complex. Take a left at the end of the road (no other option). Follow this road to the end. At the roundabout, take the third exit. Take the next left i.e. before dawn dairies. Follow the road to the end until you come to the beach.
- Galway Taxis: 091- 561111
- Big O Taxis: 091-585858
- Ocean Cabs: 091-790790
- Pro Cabs: 091 565900
Nearest Takeaway /Delivery
- Chans Chinese & Thai take away, Doughiska Road - 091 706500
- Dominos Pizza – 091 566100
- Jack Jordon’s Traditional Take Away, Doughiska Road – 091 385060
- Forster Street, Galway. – 091 537700